Saturday, April 2, 2011

Hopeful

Well, date number 6 was this past Thursday....and it went well. I debated even writing about it just because I don't want to jinx it.

He seems normal, has a good job, owns a home, has a dog, enjoys baseball, motorcycles, is a good conversationalist, does volunteer work, and is very handy. The conversation was never dull and never stopped flowing. We talked about work, interests, family, our less than great dating experiences through IJL (which resulted in some funny stories), and slight obsessions with cleaning and organizing.

We decided to go out again. So I'm hoping that actually happens. I'm not trying to be pessimistic but I've been here before; it this actually works out I am going to have to write about something else.

On another positive note, my trip to Australia is scheduled. I'll be there for two weeks. I am so excited. I have been wanting to visit Australia for the last 11 years, but have put it off to visit other places. I haven't regretted any of those decisions, but am just really excited to finally be going to Australia. According to my calendar countdown, I have 146 days until I leave. Now, I am not one for wishing my life away, but it's nice to have something to look forward to, especially since work has been so demanding over the past few months.

Well, it's been a fairly blissful day. Got a few things done around the house, but mostly rested and watched the first four episodes of The Long Way Round. Love it. I enjoy travel to remote places, but I can't imagine having the metal to do what Ewan and Charlie did. I am really glad they decided to the project and share it with the world. What a great idea, albeit a little crazy.


"If you immediately know the candlelight is fire, then the meal was cooked a long time ago."

No comments:

Post a Comment