Saturday, April 16, 2011

The Search Continues...

I just couldn't bring myself to go out with the 50-year old. I called IJL back and told them that I had "second thoughts" and just didn't feel comfortable with an age difference like that (and never will, for that matter). 

They were less than forgiving. The woman I spoke with, who is a minion of the matchmaker, and not the matchmaker herself, said "well that's very disappointing...we picked him because we felt he was a good match for you, despite the age difference".  

So tell me, how is someone a good match if it creeps you out? Really? Anyway, she proceeded to tell me that they would continue to find matches for me even if it meant they were out of my age range. I can honestly say I am truly disappointed in them and think they should listen to me when I tell them that an age difference beyond 7 years makes me uncomfortable. Technically, they could fulfill their end of the  contract to me by offering up men who are all over 50, and if I turn them down, that's my problem. I'm not saying that they'll do that, but they could, based on what she said.

Now, on the other hand, I did have a second date with "date #5". While we had a good time, and conversation was easy, at the end of the date he said "I had a nice time but I'm getting more of a friend vibe". It's ironic to me how two people can perceive a situation so differently. I always felt that friendship was the best foundation for building a romantic relationship.  It's disappointing because of the 5 dates, he was the easiest to talk to and had a lot of great qualities. 

And so, the search continues.

No comments:

Post a Comment