Tuesday, August 13, 2013

It's hard to find monkeys for people who are 40....

My dad says a lot of stuff, much of which seems odd, even when taken in context.

For example, the title of this post. While it appears to be a stand alone statement, the context in which it was said pertains to greeting cards, specifically birthday cards. My father was apparently looking for a birthday card for my upcoming birthday. So in a couple of weeks, I'll be looking forward to a birthday card with some type of primate on it. Surprise!

Some of the other things I learned about card shopping...Wal-Mart is for old people and they don't have good cards or cards with monkeys. Target has good cards. Hallmark has a section with nickel cards, but they're hard to find. When I informed my father that they did not have a card section where cards cost a nickel and that there is nothing one can buy for a nickel anymore because it isn't 1935, I was informed that you can, in fact, purchase many things for a nickel and was subsequently challenged to a nickel war.

If you're wondering what a nickel war is, you are not alone. So I'll tell you. A nickel war is where you purchase things that cost a nickel every time you find them. Which I'm totally fine with, since this means I'll be saving a lot of nickels. Not really sure who will win this one, but I'm on the edge of my chair. Maybe he'll send a nickel with the card. Stay tuned for details.

Cheers.










No comments:

Post a Comment