Friday, November 15, 2013

Miniature black market pandas, grow lights, and cat poo...

Today was a typical Friday…I'm always tired, a little slap-happy, and very ready for the weekend.

A friend of mine emailed a panda meme that was absolutely adorable, which I shared with a few coworkers. This is the conversation which ensued:

Julie #1: That's adorable! It makes me want to hug them.

Me: I know! They just made my day.

Natalie: I resign. I am going to China to play with some super cute pandas!

Me: Maybe you should just buy one on the black market and keep it at your apartment.

Natalie: Only if they come in a miniature version and can be potty trained. Cat poo is bad enough!

Me: You could get some grow lights and grow bamboo. I'm sure that it would absorb the odor. And the police would never be the wiser…they would just think you were growing an illegal substance and when they show up you could just say…I'm growing bamboo for my miniature panda. They'd think you were crazy, see the bamboo, and leave. It's a win-win really.

Natalie: You seem to have thought this out. Are you trying to get me to illegally obtain and maintain a panda under the guise of craziness so that you can satisfy your needs for super cuteness?

Me: That's certainly one way to look at it.

Julie #1: It sounds like a fantastic plan.

Me: I think it's quite fabulous.

Julie #2: I'm staying out of this one.


Disclaimer: Although I have been known to have unusual pets in the past (hedgehog), I do not advocate, or have knowledge of how one could acquire a panda for personal use. But it would be really, really cool, until it's "bear" instincts kicked in and it mauled you in your sleep.


And here's a panda video for your viewing enjoyment…

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sGF6bOi1NfA



No comments:

Post a Comment