Monday, January 20, 2014

Why are there so many orange M&Ms?

I have a few OCD issues and they get worse when I am stressed. My need to clean, sort, and organize transports me to a whole other realm.

I don't understand why there are so many orange M&Ms. What is the purpose of this imbalance in color? Is it some kind of secretive plot? A marketing ploy?

In a "large" bag of M&Ms it seems that orange is the predominant color. Now, I don't know if this is true for all "large" bags of M&Ms or just the one I purchased. I'm certainly not about to make the financial investment necessary to develop a statistically relevant sampling plan, but I am curious.

…and don't think that I'm not stressed out by the fact that the red M&Ms had to go into a different type of container (see below). All of the other little containers that match the ones for the yellow, orange, brown, green, and blue M&Ms are full of spaghetti sauce in the freezer. I actually considered thawing some sauce just for the container. I opened and closed the freezer multiple times (three) before I decided that that would be going just a little too far; but I don't know, I reserve the right to change my mind about that.

I eat M&Ms in a specific color order, starting with yellow. I don't eat like yellow; so they need to be eaten first. Then I eat the orange M&Ms. I am not a big fan of the orange ones either, so I'm a little distressed about the number of orange M&Ms in this bag. I am going to be eating orange M&Ms for many days. Ugh. You might be thinking that I could just ignore them, skip over them, pretend they aren't there, but that isn't how it works.

I suppose I could bring them to work and encourage others to eat the orange M&Ms, but then I would have to explain why I have a container with just orange M&Ms in it…and that would make me sound a bit nuts. Don't you think?


No comments:

Post a Comment