Tuesday, January 28, 2014

Gambling with Mom and Dad

Alright, this isn't a real post either. Like yesterday, it's just another crazy dream.

In the dream I was visiting my folks at their snowbird home (somewhere warm). They decided to take me to this global marketplace that had this weird form of gambling where the gambler purchases colored tortilla chips and is allotted a gambling machine for a period of 10 - 12 hours.

When we got to this marketplace, this racially ambiguous man sold my folks these gold and green tortilla chips. There was only one gambling machine left for them to feed, because the other machine was being used by a non-native English speaker, who happened to be yelling emphatically in whatever language it was she spoke. The chip seller told us that she would be using that particular machine for the next 10 hours, so my folks took the other machine. Several other snow birders were turned away.

At first, I participated in feeding the tortilla chips into the machine; different colors went into different slots. I don't recall anybody winning a thing. After a couple of hours I said I was bored and wanted to go back to the house. My mother informed me that we had at least 6-hours of time left. We fought. 

I said, "why don't I just take the car back to the house and you can call me when you want to come home. I'll come get you". To which she replied, "do you even know how to get to the house"?  "Of course not, but if you would just stop playing that stupid game, you could drive me there yourself". She informed that she wasn't done and I would just have to wait. At that point, my alarm went off.

A couple of points here...first, my parents do not own a snowbird home; second, neither of them gamble. Third, I don't know what the hell is wrong with my brain. Is it my diet? My meds? Am I going insane? Maybe it's the sinus infection I've had for the past three months. Who knows?

I'd say sweet dreams again, but now I'm more inclined to say hope your dreams don't make you feel like you're going insane. Or…I could just change the context and definition for my meaning of sweet dreams. That seems easier. So in that case…

Sweet dreams!

No comments:

Post a Comment