Friday, February 11, 2011

Blah, blah, blah....

I have just returned from a business trip to Texas. I was really hoping for a little warmth while I was there, but no such luck. It was 25 degrees F. Now I know I shouldn't complain, because that was still about 35 degrees warmer than what I left at home; but man, what a bummer.

On the dating scene there isn't much to report. Date #3 did call back, but I didn't call him back. I know that really isn't nice. I didn't like it very much when Date #1 didn't call when he said he would. However, I am just having a difficult time getting past the age difference. I guess for me age really isn't just a number. It's a point of reference, not only for maturity as a person ages, but also for what a person can relate to about when they grew up. I don't want to date  a guy 8 to 10 years older than me anymore than I want to date a guy 8 to 10 years younger. I really did consider calling back. I thought about saying we should just meet for lunch or coffee. You know, not rule him out so soon, get to know him a little better, but every day I put it off.....well, it just got too far away from that original call. I guess I've got a ways to go before I start considering men who I wasn't really interested in initially.

I also had my say about Date #4 with the agency, the really creepy guy. The woman in the office who took my feedback "thanked me" for being so honest. I say "thanked", because my cynical side doesn't think she was too pleased with my reaction. I wasn't hostile, I didn't yell, but I was very explicit that the date was completely unacceptable, for oh, so many reasons. I said that I didn't want to date anyone more than 5 years older.

I gave that feedback this past Monday, and I haven't heard back from the agency since. I'm guessing that they don't have too many clients in my age range. Especially since I was initially told that they were going to keep the age range no more than five years older and after the first two dates they jumped to guys who were 8 to 10 years older. Bummer.

Well, I suppose that's enough blithering for the evening. Time to try and get some sleep. It's good to be home again.

No comments:

Post a Comment